Synthetic lawn installation is an excellent choice for your home if you’re looking for an easy way to add a new look and feel to your outdoor space.
Synthetic lawn installation is the process of covering your concrete or other hard surfaces with lush, green artificial grass.
The process involves rolling out the turf and securing it to the ground. This process can be done quickly on any surface.
Let’s see why it’s considered a good choice for your home.
- Ease of maintenance and care: Synthetic turf requires less maintenance than natural grass, so you don’t have to waste time mowing and watering it. Many homeowners choose synthetic turf because they don’t want the hassle of maintaining a garden!
- Low cost: The initial cost of synthetic lawn installation may be higher than that of natural grass installation, but over time it will cost less because there’s no need for ongoing maintenance costs like fertilizer application or weed control sprays.
- Just like natural grass: Synthetic grass is an artificial substitute for natural grass. It imitates the look and feels of real grass.
- You can’t tell the difference between a synthetic lawn and natural grass. It’s soft on your feet and feels great under bare feet.
- Zero water usage: Synthetic lawns don’t need to be watered as natural grass does.
- It has decorative value: Synthetic turf comes in many styles and textures to personalize your yard, just like natural grass.
- In addition, artificial turf is versatile and can be installed anywhere, between walkway pavers, driveway strips, or walls. This helps to green up various areas while also increasing their visual appeal.
- Durable: Synthetic lawns can withstand heavy traffic from people and pets without any wear or tear. Synthetic grass is also resistant to mold, mildew, and other types of damage caused by exposure to moisture.
Synthetic lawn installation – Step-by-Step process
Step 1 – Clearing the area.
Before you can install your synthetic lawn, you’ll need to clear the area. First, clear away any debris that might be in your way, including weeds, rocks, and any other material that could hinder the installation of your new synthetic lawn.
Step 2 – Preparing the base.
Preparation of the area covered with your new artificial/synthetic grass is key to the successful installation. Ideally, the area should be free of organic matter before installation.
Fill the hole with 70mm blue metal dust (also known as cracker dust, which you can find at your local landscape supplier) after removing any organic matter to a depth of 80mm.
We recommend digging out a minimum of 110mm and filling it with at least 100mm blue metal dust (cracker dust) in parking areas. Compact the area before backfilling with cracker dust.
Step 3 – Leveling off.
Add blue metal dust to the area, then apply water and compact it. Compact the base at least twice.
Step 4 – Install the turf.
Cut the turf to approximate size and leave about 50mm around the edge. If you are using joining tape, put the tape under the turf to be joined, make the joint, and pin it across the joint and edges.
Make the joint, and put pins across the joints and edges. You should unroll the turf and leave it on-site overnight before installing it.
Step 5 – Infill sand on the turf.
Spread kiln-dried silica sand (free of organic matter) on top of the synthetic turf, then brush against the pile with a hard brush or broom. To clean up the area, splatter water on it.
- Minimum 10kg per sqm silica sand required.
Synthetic lawn installation around the pool – Benefits
No dirt and mud
You do not have to worry about mud or dirt with synthetic lawn, as artificial grass is made from plastic fibers which are laid directly onto the ground.
This makes it easier to maintain your yard without dealing with dirty tires or muddy paws.
Non – slippery ground
Synthetic lawn installation around the pool will look beautiful and provide a non-slippery ground for you or your family when using the pool.
Synthetic lawns are made to look like natural grass and come in many different shades, so you can achieve the perfect look you want for your pool area.
Safe for Children and Pets
Synthetic lawns are safe for children and pets. The material contains no harmful chemicals that can cause allergies or irritation.
This makes it ideal for use in high-traffic areas, such as around a swimming pool, because it will last longer than natural grass.
Why is synthetic lawn installation the best option for your pets?
Of course, you love your dog, but that doesn’t mean you want your floors constantly destroyed by muddy paws.
New Wave Flooring offers a synthetic lawn which is a perfect solution for pet owners.
Pet owners will benefit greatly from synthetic lawn installation. It provides an ideal surface for pet play and exercises while remaining durable enough to withstand the wear and tear from claws and teeth.
Tips and care for maintaining your synthetic lawn
Brush for a natural appearance
To achieve a natural look, you should brush your artificial grass. You can use a broom or a soft brush to brush your artificial lawn toward the fibers. The more you brush your lawn, the softer and more natural it will look.
Getting rid of dust and stains
To help keep dust from settling onto the carpet, you can use a spray bottle filled with water and detergent. The combination helps break down dirt particles, making it easier to vacuum.
Keep it odor – free
Even if you immediately treat a stain, bad odors tend to linger on your lawn, especially if you have pets. Get an enzyme cleaner to remove the bad odor. Alternately, combine vinegar and water equal to eliminate the smell.
If you have been thinking about laying a synthetic lawn on your property, there is never a better time than now.
Contact us today for a quote, and let’s help you get your outdoor space looking fantastic.