Composite decking installation price varies depending on the amount and type of work. Composite decking has a longer lifespan than traditional wood decks, making it a wonderful choice for homeowners wanting to raise the value of their homes. If you are interested in installing composite decking, here are some tips for determining the installation cost.
The composite deck boards can be installed similarly to a typical wood deck. However, installation instructions vary amongst composite manufacturers, so it is important to carefully follow directions to prevent issues with fasteners and parts installation. To prevent warping and swelling of composite decking in hot weather, it must be built with the proper space between decks.
Composite decking installation price will vary depending on your area, the size of the deck and other factors. Composite decking is a low-maintenance alternative to wood, but it is not cheap. If you are looking for an affordable option, consider using composite railing or a composite gate instead of a full deck.
Plastic plus wood are combined to form composite decking. It’s crucial to have the ideal combination of high-density polymers and high-grade timber fibers.
If you’ve ever left softwoods outside, you know that they soon deteriorate because they absorb water, swell, and split. A tougher wood or treated timber lasts longer if left outside. With composite decking, the same is true.
Composite Decking Installation Price – Checklist
- Before choosing a Composite Decking contractor, get at least 3-5 quotations; estimates are usually free unless they involve a service call for a repair.
- Since every business has a unique set of operating costs and overhead, anticipate price variations for composite decking amongst different companies.
- Try to get quotes in the late fall or early winter. By waiting for a contractor’s off-season.
- To account for challenging configurations, patterns, and the complexity of your home, try to budget an extra 7–15% more than what the calculator suggests.
- Try to negotiate a lower price with each supplier company that sells your specific composite decking brand.
Composite Decking Installation Price – Factors to Consider
- Size of your deck – If you have a smaller deck, such as a patio or balcony, the price per square foot will be lower than if you have a larger deck with many different levels and different designs.
- Design of your deck – If you want to use composite boards that are different colors and styles, then this will increase the cost of installation because it will take more time and effort to install them correctly.
- The complexity of your deck design – The more intricate the design is, the more expensive it will be to install composite boards on it because there are more details that need to be considered when installing each board in order for it to look right in place with all the other boards around it.
- Materials and accessories used for installation – A circular saw, jigsaw, hand drill, or power miter saw are a few examples of tools you can use to install your composite decking.
- Installation time for composite decking – You could have to pay a large installation fee if you want to install your deck in the spring. The installation charges for a contractor will be less if you decide to install your composite deck in the late summer or fall.
Advantages of Composite Decking
- Best value composite decking is recyclable and environmentally friendly.
- It contains no hazardous chemicals and produces less deforestation.
- Composite decking comes pre-assembled and requires little upkeep.
- It’s simple to clean with only soap and water.
- You can choose between a pattern or a wood grain when decorating
Disadvantages of Composite Decking
- Because the wood fibers in composite decking make it more susceptible to rain and moisture, most manufacturers will only guarantee a 10-year warranty.
- It can lose up to 10-15% of its color due to light exposure and is not completely free of mold and decay.
- Because composite decking is frequently fire retardant, it cannot be used as sleeping areas in structures taller than 18 meters.
Installation of Composite Decking
The installation method of the composite deck boards is the same as that of the traditional wood deck. However, different composite manufacturers have other installation guidelines, so instructions must be followed carefully to avoid problems when installing fasteners and parts.
Composite decking needs to be installed with the correct spacing between decks to avoid warping and swelling of composite decking in hot weather. The price to install composite decking depends on the product. The price to install a high-quality composite deck will undoubtedly be higher than building with traditional pressure-treated lumber.