When choosing a composite decking for your intended purpose, make sure that you know which buying factors to consider. That way, you will be able to maximize the potential of this flooring material to enhance the style in your home, office, or location.
Here are three features of composite decking that will give you the confidence that what you’re purchasing is the best one in the lot:
1. Weather protection
What good is composite decking if it gets damaged by light rains or the summer heat? If you’re living in a place where the weather can be unbearable, choose a material that can withstand these changes.
- Look for a composite deck that is water-resistant. This gives you the assurance that rain or water pooling won’t destroy the integrity of the product.
- Choose one with UV protection. Some composite decking products are designed to be resistant to the sun’s rays, even at the height of summer.
2. Resistance to damaging factors
Your composite deck is going to be exposed to things that may increase the risk of damage and deterioration. However, choosing the right material will leave you with much less worry.
Make sure that your composite decking is resistant to insects and pests, as well as mould and mildew.
3. Long lifespan
Aside from looking at aesthetics and product integrity, the composite deck that you choose should also stand the test of time. Here are some markers that tell you that the product will last for years:
- Does not require a layer of paint or an additional protective layer
- Remains aesthetically the same throughout time
- Does not fade, even when exposed to the elements
As a side note, some people consider cost as a primary factor before buying the best composite decking. While this is helpful, never compromise product quality and integrity just to save a few bucks.